Toronto cabinet makers make their living by crafting beautiful cabinets. A cabinet is basically a box-like piece of furniture having drawers and/or doors for holding miscellaneous things. Some cabinets are built right into a wall as an integral piece, while others are attached to the structure of a building or stand on its own as a decorative piece. While some cabinets are functional, there are many more who are purely decorative pieces that only have one purpose-to hold things. Some examples of this are:
- Wood: This is probably the most common type of cabinet made. It is the most inexpensive among other types of cabinets, is commonly made out of hardwoods such as oak, maple, ash, cherry, and birch. Wood can be stained or painted to give it a more decorative look. Some woods are resistant to stains, while others tend to fade with time. These days, there are many new and modern-styled wood cabinets that are not only durable but also have a unique look. They are often found in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Metal: Metal cabinets are usually made from stainless steel. This type is the most durable and is available in different sizes, colors, and styles. The best ones are ones that are crafted from iron, brass, copper, bronze, and silver. Because it is quite heavy, it is best used in bathrooms and kitchens. However, some homeowners choose to buy cabinets that have the appearance of wood and can be painted to blend in better with their surroundings.
- Plastic: Plastic cabinets are ideal for both homeowners and retailers. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes and they are easy to carry around. Most are made from glass-reinforced polystyrene, though they can also be made out of a combination of acrylic, polystyrene, and polycarbonate. These are less expensive than wooden cabinets because they are also easier to transport.
- Cedar: One of the most popular types of wood used is cedar. Cedar is great because of its durability, versatility, and affordability. Cedar is not only very sturdy but also offers a unique, earthy smell to its aroma. As an added advantage, it is resistant to insects and can even resist rot, making it a good choice for furniture that requires frequent cleaning.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is the third most common type of cabinet used. It is generally cheaper than wood, though more expensive than other types of cabinets. It can be made from synthetic materials as well. It comes in various shades and textures, and it is not susceptible to decay or fading.
- Concrete: Also a very popular type of cabinet used. They are made from concrete or stone, which can withstand extreme heat and water. They are extremely attractive and can withstand scratches and dents that can occur with wood.
No matter which type of cabinet you choose, there are a lot of options to choose from when it comes to their style and design. Cabinet makers in Toronto often add personal touches to them such as engravings and painting. To find a great one, start browsing the internet for online cabinets dealers and read customer reviews to get an idea of the different types of cabinets out there.
When you have found a few Toronto cabinet makers, talk to them about what their design principles are. Learn about their process of manufacturing, their materials, and what kind of tools and equipment they use to create the cabinets. You can also ask them about their quality assurance standards and how they maintain and repair the products after delivery.
Once you have decided on a cabinet maker in Toronto, you will probably also want to know the company's warranty period and guarantees for kitchen cabinets and appliances. This will give you confidence in their workmanship and ability to give you high-quality products.
Online Kitchen Cabinet suppliers are another way to find your desired product. Though you may be charged a little higher for shipping, you will save a lot of time and money if you order online. You should also know that the best companies offer free shipping and insurance on their products.